1. Common failure and solution for vertical form fill seal machine
|film breaks||1. the film itself has a flaw 2. breakdown or poor connection of the film-supply engine 3. proximity switch damaged||1. get rid of the flaw part 2. repair the connection of the engine 3. change the switch|
|sealed place is not tight||1. the inside of the film is not even 2. the sealing pressure is not even 3. too low sealing temperature||1. get rid of the bad film 2. adjust the sealing pressure 3. increase the sealing temperature|
|sealing track is not straight||the wrong position of the thermal sealer||readjust the position of the thermal sealer|
|the bag is not cut completely||1. the cutter in improper position 2. the cutter edge becomes dull||1. readjust the position 2. sharpen or change the cutter|
|the temperature of the thermal sealer does not increase||1. the heating pipe is wrong 2. circuit malfunction 3. the fuse is broken 4. the solid relay is broken||1. change the heating pipe 2. check the circuit 3. change the fuse 4. change the solid rely|
|sealer temperature uncontrollable||1. thermocouple in a short circuit 2. something wrong with the temperature controller||1. change the thermocouple 2. change the temperature controller|
|the film-supply engine does not move or stop||1. the film-supply control stick is stuck 2. film-supply proximity switch does not work 3. capacitor broken 4. fuse broken or Power Panel does not work||1. adjust the stick 2. change the proximity switch 3. change the capacitor 4. change the fuse and check the Power Panel|
|color code positioning does not work||1. wrong parameter for the bag length (usually the actual bag length is shorter) 2. the wheels are worn and less friction||1. increase the parameter for the bag length, to make it a little longer than the expected bag length 2. change the wheels|
|bags are not pulled (the bag-pulling motor does not work)||1. circuit problem 2. the bag-pulling proximity switch does not work or the signal wheel too faraway 3. step motor problem 4. control board problem||1. check the circuit 2. change the switch or adjust the distance of the wheel 3. change the step motor 4. change the control board|
|bags are stuck above the cutter||1. too early bag-pulling time 2. wrong position of the upper bag-blocking board||1. readjust the bag pulling time 2. adjust the upper bag-blocking board|
2. Maintenance for vertical form fill seal machine
1. Lubricate the gears, bearings and the moving parts regularly.
2. The Deceleration Device must not run with no oil. After running 300 hours for the first time, clean the inside of the device and put in new oil. After that, change oil every 2500 hours.
3. Do not to drop the lubricant onto the Driving Belt.
1. Clean such parts as the Bucket, Turning-plate etc that touch the packaging materials each time after turning off the machine.
2. Regularly clean the Thermal Sealer to ensure the nice sealing track.
3. Immediately clean the materials scattered and keep the parts tidy to maintain the lifespan of the machine.
4. Regularly clean the Photo Senor to make it work better.
5. Regularly remove the dust in the Electric Control Box to avoid short circuits or poor connection.
1. Regularly check the screws of every part in case they are loose.
2. Make sure that the Electric Control Box and the wire connections are clean and dry to avoid electrical malfunction.
3. Resolving abnormalities for flow pack packaging machine
|Cutting position is deviated from the color marks||1. Color mark follow up is not used 2. The film color mark is weak. 3 ． Film is slipping.||1. Change follow up method into "follow up cut" in the follow up method display of the human-machine interface. 2. Refer to the magic eye instruction manual attached to adjust the sensitivity of the magic eye. 3 ． Adjust the tension of the rubber roller or the degree of tightness of the brake.|
|The cutter cut on products||1. The push rod and the cutter are asynchronous. 2. The height of the cutter seat is improper. 3 ． Packing speed is too high.||1. Refer to section 4.6.4 about push finger position. 2. Adjust he height of the end-sealing parts, adjust the sealing knife meshing center to the half of the product height. 3. Decrease the packing speed.|
|Burnt crimples appear on the seal||1. Temperature is too high. 2. Speed is too low. 3. The thermal endurance of the film's outer layer is poor.||1. Bring down the temperature. 2. Increase the speed 3. Replace with better film|
|Sealing is loose or missed||1 ． Temperature is too low. 2 ． Speed is too high. 3 ． The thermal endurance of the film's inner layer is poor.||1 ． Increase the temperature. 2 ． Decrease the speed 3 ． Replace with better film.|
|Thermostat does not control temperature||1. Heating element is damaged 2. Solid state relay is burnt. 3. Thermocouple is damaged 4.Temperature control meter is damaged||1. Replace the heating element. 2. Replace the solid state relay 3. Replace the thermocouple 4. Replace the thermostat|
4. Maintenance for flow pack packaging machine
Shift cleaning and maintenance
(1) Before cleaning the machine, cut off the power supply to the machine so as to ensure the safety of people and the machine.
(2) Clean the working table and the surface of the machine with a clean and moistened cloth.
(3) Clean off the film scraps stuck to the feeding mechanism, mid-sealing mechanism and the end-sealing mechanism with compressed air.
(4) Clean off the film scraps stuck to the end-sealing knife with a steel wire brush.
Monthly check and maintenance
(1) Add lubricating oil to the meshing gears of the drive system and the chains of the chain wheel, a thin layer of lubricating oil is enough. It is not allowed to add lubricating oil to the synchronous belt of the machine and the flat conveyer belt.
(2) Add lubricating oil to the end-sealing bearing.
(3) Check the tension of the drive chain and belt, retighten if necessary.
(4) Check all the screws and nuts, if there is any for loose screw or nut, retighten it.
(5) Check carbon deposit, clean if necessary.
Biannual check and maintenance
(1) Check the wearing condition of the drive belt and the flat conveyer belt, replace if necessary.
(2) Check all the wearing parts, replace the worn parts in time.
(3) Check the wearing condition of the drive parts, replace if necessary.
(4) Check the electric wiring and tighten if necessary. Clean the dust from the electric elements with compressed air.